- Posted on: Mar 13 2020
Taking Caution & Care to Address COVID-19
Patient and practitioner safety is our top priority!
- Limiting in-person appointments with increased safety protocols in place.
- Offering “Virtual Visits” for consultations and select follow-up appointments that do not necessitate an in-person visit. Text 203-772-1444 or use this form to request time.
- Offering weekend and evening consultations (however follow-ups will only be available weekdays)
- Sterilizing exam rooms between each patient
- Sterilizing all common touchpoints hourly to maintain safe and sanitary spaces
- All staff will be wearing gloves and a mask at all times
- Designating check-in, check-out, and waiting area locations with plexiglass installations to minimize contact
- Operating in out-patient surgical facilities (not hospitals, though Dr. Restifo still retains hospital privileges) to minimize potential exposure
For those who have upcoming appointments, our new protocols include asking patients to:
- Wait in their vehicle until called into the building via text
- Wear a mask to enter the building
- Honor 6′ social distancing guidelines within the waiting area and check-in / check-out locations
We are also screening all patients upon arrival and:
- Taking temperatures and rescheduling anyone with a fever of 99 degrees or more
- Confirming patients have NOT shown any symptoms over the past 21 days (fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc) and if so, rescheduling as needed
- Confirming patients have NOT been out of the country or in domestic hotspots for at least 21 days
- Confirming patients have NOT been in physical contact over the past 21 days with family members or colleagues who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Asking that patients attend appointments alone or if you need physical assistance that you attend with no more than one other person, who is also required to wear a mask and have a temperature screening.
- Asking that you do not bring children to the office.
In an abundance of caution, we regret we will need to turn anyone away who has not met our screening requirements. We are happy to continue supporting patients over the phone, virtual appointments, and via email, as is convenient for you.
If you or a family member has been exposed or tested positive for COVID-19 or influenza in 2020, we ask that you let us know.
We truly appreciate your honesty and cooperation as we bind together as a community to keep one another well.
Patients should call or text with any questions: 203-772-1444.
Tagged with: safety
Posted in: Patient Safety