- Posted on: Mar 13 2020
Taking Caution & Care to Address COVID-19
- Rescheduling non-essential appointments and adding a rigorous prescreening protocol for patients who need follow-up appointments (see below)
- Offering “virtual visits” for anyone with a smartphone or device with a camera. Phone appointments are also available.
- Please text 203-772-1444 or contact us using this form to request a virtual consultation or follow-up appointment.
- Monitoring new information from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and the Connecticut Department of Public Health for updates and recommendations
- Sterilizing facilities, touchpoints, and hands hourly to maintain safe and sanitary spaces
- Following in-office social distancing recommendations as much as possible
For those who have upcoming appointments our new protocols include:
- Screening all patients and guests upon arrival and:
- Taking temperatures and rescheduling anyone with a fever of 99 degrees or more
- Asking all patients whether they have shown signs of illness over the past three weeks (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat) and if so, rescheduling as needed
- Confirming patients have NOT been out of the country for at least 21 days
- Confirming patients have NOT been in physical contact over the past 14 days with family members or colleagues who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- We are asking that patients attend appointments alone or if you need assistance that you attend with no more than one other person
- We understand childcare may be a challenge, however, children should not be brought to the office
In an abundance of caution, we regret we will need to turn anyone away who has not met our screening requirements. We are happy to continue supporting patients over the phone, virtual appointments, and via email, as is convenient for you.
We truly appreciate your honesty and cooperation as we bind together as a community to keep one another well.
Patients should call or text with any questions: 203-772-1444.
Tagged with: safety
Posted in: Patient Safety