Brazilian Butt Lift
What is a Brazilian Buttock Lift (BBL)?
In some patients it will be possible to improve the shape and contour of the buttocks through a procedure known as the “Brazilian Buttock Lift”.
How Is Brazilian Butt Lift Performed?
In a BBL procedure fat is removed from another area of the body by liposuction and then transferred to the buttocks. The “donor” area for the fat is typically the abdomen, back or other areas where fat may be present in excess. The fat is then injected into the buttocks to create a fuller, more pleasing and “lifted” appearance. This technique can be performed with only tiny incisions.
The benefit of transferring autologous fat (from your own body) as compared to using dermal fillers or implants is that it replaces “like with like”, thus reducing the chance of adverse reactions and creating an arguably more “natural” result.
What Can Brazilian Butt Lift Address?
Fat transfer to the buttock can address:
- When you want an uplifted and shapelier buttock profile
- Buttock that are too small for your body frame to create a more balanced look
- When weight loss or the aging process have left your buttock loose, sagging, or flat
Fat transfer is a safe, long-lasting, well-tolerated procedure that produces natural-looking results that is growing in popularity each year.
Ideal Candidates for Brazilian Butt Lift
The best candidates for a Brazilian Buttock Lift are people who:
– Want a fuller, more rounded buttock
– Do not want a buttock implant to get extra curves
– Are within 20Lbs of their ideal (stable) body weight
– Are not underweight (the doctor needs fat to harvest from)
– Would benefit from liposuction contouring to sculpt the surrounding areas from which autologous fat is harvested for injection
– Have good skin elasticity
Dr. Restifo’s Approach to BBL Fat Transfer
We know that every woman’s body is unique and that each individual has a variety of reasons for considering fat transfer. During a pre-operative consultation, Dr. Restifo will discuss what you hope to gain to determine the treatment plan that will yield the safest and best long-term aesthetic results relative to your life-stage and lifestyle.
See What Our Patients Are Saying!
“For your artistry, skill, compassion, and commitment-I will be forever grateful. Thanks for being there for me and for others. Fondly.” – C.M.
Complementary Procedures to Brazilian Butt Lift
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Restifo
If you wish to learn more about Brazilian Butt Lifts, or if you wish to undergo the procedure, book an appointment with Dr. Restifo today! Call 203.772.1444 or click here to submit an email contact for to our office. Our practice serves Orange, CT and the surrounding areas.
Frequently Asked Questions – Brazilian Buttock Lift
How is fat transfer done?
– Fat is then processed for fat transfer
– Fat is reinjected using syringes connected to cannulas (i.e. the liposuction tubes)
– The fat is grafted in layers at multiple levels and deposited in a smooth, linear fashion to reshape and augment the buttocks
– The liposuction incisions are closed with sutures
– Drains are inserted and a compression garment is worn following surgery
What should I expect at an initial BBL consultation?
A. Prior to your consultation, you will be asked to fill out a complete medical history, which includes information about:
- Medical conditions, both past and present
- Weight fluctuations
- Current medications and supplements
- Previous surgeries and medical treatments
- Current use of alcohol, tobacco and recreational drugs
During your initial consultation, Dr. Restifo will listen to your goals, needs, and concerns. He will evaluate whether you’re a good candidate for fat transfer based on your anatomy, physical health, and motivations for having surgery. He will also ask about your expectations and will determine a treatment plan accordingly while remaining candid about whether he can achieve the outcome you desire.
For a Brazilian Buttock Lift he will evaluate the following:
- Current size and shape of your buttocks
- State of your skin’s elasticity in the area from which fat tissue will be harvested
- Location and state of scars from previous surgeries
- Any additional liposuction contouring that would enhance the surgical outcome
After you’ve discussed the outcome that you desire and/or whether additional liposuction contouring would benefit you, Dr. Restifo will work with his assistant at a subsequent visit to measure and photograph your buttocks for your medical record.
Is BBL fat transfer safe?
Will I have scarring after BBL fat transfer?
A. Liposuction incisions are small and Dr. Restifo makes every effort to ensure scars are as inconspicuous as possible, however some scarring is inevitable with surgery. Scarring is more noticeable when large liposuction cannulas are used for larger body areas, and also for patients with darker skin tones. Accordingly, scar therapy will be recommended.Most liposuction scars fade significantly and are barely perceptible over time. If you’d like to have a better understanding of where incisions will be made, Dr. Restifo can review this with you prior to surgery.
How long will the results of BBL fat transfer last?
Ultimately, time, gravity, and weight loss or gains may affect how long the results of fat transfer will last.
Can I have fat transfer surgery if I’m planning to get pregnant?
How do I prepare for BBL fat transfer surgery?
A. Prior to your surgery, Dr. Restifo will ask you to:
- Achieve your desired target weight first.
- Stop smoking at least six weeks before undergoing surgery to better promote healing.
- Contact your primary care physician to schedule a preoperative physical for the following tests required for your surgery:
- A recent complete history and physical with medical clearance for surgery and general anesthesia
- Labs complete with CBC, PT, PTT
- Current EKG and report of the reading for patients over the age of 50 or those with a cardiac history
- Any other exam that you or your physician feel is indicated
- Avoid taking aspirin and certain anti-inflammatory drugs (e.g. ibuprofen, naproxen) and/or herbal supplements that can increase bleeding.
- Fill any prescriptions that were provided prior to surgery (though you won’t need them until afterwards).
- Hydrate well both before and after the surgery for safe recovery.
- Arrange for a ride home after being discharged.
- Plan to have someone to stay with you for at least the first 24 hours following surgery.
- Make child care arrangements for several days, if applicable.
- Plan to get lots of help around the house for several weeks. Lifting, driving, laundry, and cleaning should not be done by patients for at least two weeks.
Prepare your home:
- Set aside a space for your prescriptions, thermometer, and postoperative instructions close to your bed, sofa, or recliner.
- Place toiletries, tissues, medications, beverages, snacks, etc. within easy reach to minimize stretching and bending.
- Prepare your recovery space to include reading material, a tablet or laptop, cell phone with charger, a remote control, and lots of pillows.
- Ensure your pantry/fridge is stocked with healthy, easy-to-prepare meals and bottled water.
- Set aside clothing that will be easy to put on and take off without a lot of bending, stretching, or twisting. Full postoperative instructions can be found under Patient Resources.
What should I expect after BBL fat transfer surgery?
A. The recovery period is significant and ranges from two to four weeks. It’s recommended that you plan to take at least one to two weeks off from work.You may experience the following after the procedure:
– Dr. Restifo will prescribe medications to help you manage any discomfort.
– Pain and swelling will be the worst during the first few days.
– Discomfort typically drops significantly by five to seven days.
– The day of surgery, you should begin to walk, albeit in short bouts during which you may need assistance getting up and down.
– Any non-dissolvable sutures and drains will probably be removed within 7-14 days.
– Within two weeks, you will likely be able to drive a car.
– Swelling should subside within four to six weeks.
– You will need to avoid heavy lifting, contact sports, and working out for four to six weeks.
– Scarring will heal over the course of weeks and months, however the shape of your new body will be evident about six weeks after surgery.