Top Five Reasons People Consider Cosmetic Surgery of the Breast & Body
- Posted on: Feb 11 2016
Deciding to have cosmetic surgery is an intensely personal process, unique for every individual.
Most people considering cosmetic surgery have been unhappy with some part of their physical appearance for quite some time. For some the goal is to turn back the clock, while others seek to correct physical issues that have affected their self-esteem for many years. And while it is true that beauty is only skin deep, for many people cosmetic surgery can enhance self-confidence and body image, strengthening their sense of inner beauty as well.
Many patients will fall into one or several of the following categories:
- Fortunate to have children, but pregnancy or pregnancies have caused loss of breast shape and volume as well as laxity of abdominal skin and muscle
- Able to achieve weight loss but now dealing with skin excess and residual fat in the abdomen or several other body areas
- Diligent with diet and exercise, but finding that certain trouble areas will not respond adequately or satisfactorily
- Dissatisfied with breast development; too little, or too much, or to an uneven degree, or for men, any breast development at all
- Dealing with breast cancer, wishing to re-establish the feeling of well-being that comes with being balanced and whole
In all of these situations one’s confidence may be diminished, or wardrobe options limited, or body image troublesome. Plastic surgery of the breast or body can be extremely helpful; ultimately leading to increased confidence, a greater overall sense of well-being, and an improved quality of life.
Tagged with: abdominoplasty, body contouring, breast augmentation, breast lift, breast reduction, tummy tuck
Posted in: Beauty Trends, Self-Care